Friday, February 8, 2008

Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly....

Okay, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to see ALL of these movies, but I can tell you which ones I have seen though: No Country For Old Men, Juno, There Will Be Blood, Michael Clayton, A Mighty Heart, Eastern Promises (have it from Netflix..will be watching it this weekend), Hairspray, Gone Baby Gone, Away From Her (taught my 12th graders the Alice Munro short story this film was adapted from and its in my netflix queue), The Assassination of Jesse James, 3:10 To Yuma, and La Vie En Rose (i need to rewatch it though). I am planning to catch a few others before the end of the month, and Persepolis (which isn't on this list), is playign in theatres out here in Pittsburgh.


Any other films on the list you think I should check out on DVD? Let me know....

The 25 Movies You Need To See Before Oscar Night

Check out nominated films like ''Juno,'' ''No Country for Old Men,'' and ''Atonement''

(Ranked in order of their likelihood to be nominated)

1. No Country for Old Men

2. Atonement

3. Juno

4. Michael Clayton

5. There Will Be Blood

6. Into the Wild

7. American Gangster

8. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

9. Sweeney Todd

10. Charlie Wilson's War

11. The Kite Runner

12. Away From Her

13. Eastern Promises

14. La Vie en Rose

15. I'm Not There

16. A Mighty Heart

17. Gone Baby Gone

18. The Assassination of Jesse James...

19. Lars and the Real Girl

20. Hairspray

21. 3:10 to Yuma

22. The Savages

23. Enchanted

24. Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

25. Ratatouille

No comments: